What you need to know about me
- Doctorate in dentistry and dental prosthodontics, University of Trieste 1994; junior doctor, trained as an orthodontist at the orthodontics department of the University Hospital Vienna; senior physician at the same establishment. Appointed Deputy Head of the Universitätszahnklinik Wien (University Clinic of Dentistry Vienna) in 2004; professorial qualification leading to venia docendi (authorisation to lecture) in 2006.
- 2009 onwards: Tenured professor and Director of the University Hospital for Orthodontics, Medizinische Universität Innsbruck (Medical University of Innsbruck). Executive Director of the departments of oral medicine and oral and maxillo-facial surgery at the Medical University of Innsbruck since 2014.
- Orthodontic, academic and clinical focus on skeletal anchorage, mandibular joints, dental trauma, preprosthetic measures and biomechanics.
- More than 100 publications in English, German, Italian and Spanish; more than 150 presentations to national and international conferences.
- Member of various associations and interest groups, including the European Orthodontic Society (EOS), European Association of Osseointegration (EAO) and the Società Italiana di Ortodonzia (SIDO). I am also Vice President of the ÖGZMK (Austrian Society of Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery), President of the VTZ (Association of Tyrolean Dentists) and President of the ÖGKFO (Austrian Society of Orthodontics).
- National and international reviewer for academic journals and scientific funds.
What else i can tell you about me
When I am not engaged in orthodontics or academic commitments, I focus on looking after my sons – which can also be something of a science!
I am passionate about sport. In particular I enjoy jogging, skiing, cross-country and sailing. As for ball games, I would say tennis (sorry, not football). I always enjoy good food, whether cooking for myself or going to a restaurant. My musical tastes run to Italian opera, especially from Verdi and Donizetti.